Also known as the Ancient Palace of the Inquisition, it was designed and built by architect Pedro de Arrieta, Master Builder of the Holy Office. Its building began in 1732 and concluded in 1736 and became the official seat of the Tribunal of the Holy Office for 84 years, until its abolition in 1820. It was later occupied by the Archbishopric of the City, the National Lottery, a primary school, and served as military barracks. In 1854, the School of Medicine was installed in the building and remained there for almost one hundred years. In 1956, the building was restored under the administration of the National Autonomous University of Mexico. Since 1980, this beautiful Baroque building hosts the Museum of Mexican Medicine. It is located in República de Venezuela No. 22, in the Historical Center of Mexico City.